Earthdawn Eastmarches
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An online Earthdawn game in the Westmarches style, played over Discord and Roll20, with a focus on community building and player rights.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Rules for civilized debate

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

Rules for civilized debate Empty
PostSubject: Rules for civilized debate   Rules for civilized debate I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 16, 2017 4:35 pm

Posting anything in this forum constitutes agreement to these rules, which are designed to keep debate civilized and productive.

1. Keep an open mind. (Indicators that your mind is not open include phrases such as, "I don't think we'll ever agree on this," and "I'm never going to change my mind.")
  2. Attempt to comprehend one anothers' points of view even when we disagree.
  3. Respect the limitations of text as a medium by saying what you mean. (Text does not convey tone of voice, facial expression, or body language, which makes miscommunication more likely. Avoid sarcasm, and assume other people also mean what they say, no less and no more.)
  4. Post only when you have something new to add to the discussion. (This may include clarifying a point you have previously made by presenting an example, but not simply repeating yourself.)
  5. Avoid logical fallacies. If others use them, point out which fallacy they have fallen prey to, and give them the opportunity to rephrase or reframe their argument.

Logical fallacies:

Responses that violate these rules may be deleted, either partially (to remove the offending section) or wholly (if the post does not make sense without that section).
Back to top Go down
https://earthdawn.forumotion.com

Rules for civilized debate
Page 1 of 1